HELPING BUSINESSES NAVIGATE GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING AT NO COST
The mission of the Golden State PTAC is to help small businesses understand the complex world of government contracting and to assist in building their confidence and competence in this arena.
We are here to support businesses from all industries. Our geographic service area includes the following Central California counties: Kern, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
For businesses interested in becoming a government vendor, our procurement specialists will work with you one-on-one to create an action plan and develop a strategy to best position your business to be competitive in the government marketplace. We will help you determine if your company is ready for government opportunities whether it’s at the local, state, or federal level. In your individual counseling session, we may cover:
- How government contracting can benefit your specific business goals
- Creation and review of your company’s capability statement(s)
- Identifying contracting and sub-contracting opportunities
- Navigating agency websites
- Provide guidance on federal regulations and military specifications/ DoD specifications
- Small and Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Business Certifications assistance
- Reviewing solicitations and proposals (RFPs, RFQs)
- Understanding post-award contract requirements and management including quality assurance, delivery of product/service, and billing
CUSTOM BID MATCHING
Our Bid Match program matches your company’s products or services to contract opportunities and sends individualized daily notices that are tailored to your business directly to your inbox. Our PTAC specialists set up and maintain your company’s Bid Match profile at no cost, allowing you to focus on finding contracting opportunities that will boost your business.
- Identifying keywords, phrases, and product codes to optimize your visibility
- Creating your company’s profile
- Maintaining and updating the profile
Available at no cost to clients only.
GROUP TRAINING & OUTREACH EVENTS
We host a variety of webinars that provide you with the information you need to succeed in the government marketplace. Whether you are interested in learning the basics of becoming a government vendor or have years of experience delivering your services on federal, state, or local projects, our range of training benefits businesses at any level. A few of our webinar topics include:
- How to Build a Government Marketing Strategy
- Federal Contracting 101
- How to do Business with California
- Understanding Eligibility Requirements for Small Business Certifications
All webinars are provided at no cost. Stay updated for future outreach & networking events on our Calendar. You will have the opportunity to meet with prime contractors, agency small business liaisons, and agency procurement officers in-person or online.
A core value of marketing is understanding who your audience is. The Golden State PTAC is here to help you develop and hone your marketing strategy as a government vendor. In a one-on-one counseling session, our procurement specialists will help you:
- Identify target audiences through market research
- Review and customize capability statements for your targets
- Provide guidance on web content, social media, and other digital or print marketing efforts
- Provide insight on where your company is most likely to be visible to contracting officers and agency procurement specialists
WHY WORK WITH A PTAC?
GovCon Specific Knowledge & Support
Government contracting operates differently than other projects you might be familiar with. Our procurement specialists have the experience to help you build your government contracting capabilities.
Your Business's Liaison to Government
The Golden State PTAC helps build the bridge between the private and government sectors. As dot-connectors, we are an integral part of building a rapport between small businesses and government agencies.
The Golden State PTAC serves a unique region of Central California which is home to some of the largest military installations in the state. Our service areas provide exclusive opportunities to local suppliers interested in government contracting.
This procurement technical assistance center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency.